Monday, February 4, 2013

Thoughts on the last seven months

What have I been doing since the last time I wrote to you. It's been, what, seven months now? I've been figuring life and me out. Life on the ship was so amazing that when I got back to dry ground for good, I had a hard time dealing.  I had to re-acknowledge that to God I am beautiful, I am amazing, and isn't the world beautiful?
Seriously look around yourself. If it is snowing, every snow flake is different. It creates a softening of the world, makes it seem ublemmished. If it's raining then the sound makes a noise that relaxes one, brings up memories, and gives a sense of safety. Night has stars and moon with everything going to sleep minus the cayotees right outside my window who howl and wail and make me feel all snug in my safe house. Day has a brightness that goads me on to do things. There's the bustle, lively chapter and all the beautiful colors.
Then there are the people. Oh how amazing people are. There are so many cultures in this world and then if you subculture them then it spreads wider. How often have I been surprised by people. It happens so often and it always brings a happy smile on my face. How crazy is it just have a small conversation with the person standing near you, and how amazingly interesting those conversations can be.
I've learned specific things about myself too. Things that make me burst with joy. Four years ago I would barely ever leave the house because I didn't have a clue how to make friends outside of work or church. Now I have friends I can ask to do something and they willingly agree. People like me! It's not just pity friendship. How wonderful is that?
I never stop learning and I never want to.

God bless you all.
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment